insulin and cool bags

michelereid2002

Hi there I have allways used a cool bag to store all my diabetic stuff but are the 100% reliable with the hot and sunny weather upon us I don't want something to happen to my insulin I use a cool bag from flora I got it when they were running a premotion the size is perfect for all my stuff but are they safe to use what about the rest of you how small or big is your cool bag and have you had any scarey storys about cool bag let me know

H

Hooked

I recently bought a Frio wallet for my insulin after people on here recommended them to me. With this recent heatwave and a short break away from home, I am so glad I got it. Keeps my insulin cool, without it getting too cold. Big enough to hold two insulin pens and my pen needle fit in down the side between the cooler and outer wallet.

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My frio wallet was delivered on Friday and I LOVE IT!!! It's like magic, haha! It hasn't got below about 28degC in my flat for about a week now so I'm so glad I finally got one (thanks to members of this board, I might add!)

I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing to keep injections cool. I guess it's kind of the best option available so it's worth it and maybe having a spare one to use in case the first one malfunctions is a good idea, same as having a spare blood test monitor. I'll probably be getting a spare one if we start getting this kind of weather more frequently.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've got a frio and it works a treat! When I pull out my insulin pen it feels nice and cool, seems to work as my readings have been better this past week once it arrived :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App