Insulin carriers and blood reader cases

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I know that most people dont care really what their insulin and blood reader cases look like but Im so bored of mine, ive had diabetes nearly 9 years now and have the same one they gave me when i was diagnosed, everyone knows the one the blue Velcro one? And a boring black case for my reader, So im just wondering if anyone knows any websites/shops that do different ones..just to spice it up a little.

Thanks in advance..

Keisha :)

Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
They gave you a case?!! Lucky you, I got 2 pens and a meter in its original box.

Seriously, you can find stuff in the DCUK shop, e-bay, Amazon etc.

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They gave you a case?!! Lucky you, I got 2 pens and a meter in its original box.

Seriously, you can find stuff in the DCUK shop, e-bay, Amazon etc.

Yeah i got a case haha i feel lucky now! but thankyou x

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
boredom to happiness -- it all happens on the D forums -- LOL:D

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
will take a look to as I never got a case iether :(

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I use small pencil cases for my Insight hand set /test strips/finger pricker and wipes. They do them in lovely vibrant colours in Asda. I have used them for pens/big meter and strips in the past. Just an idea.

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
http://joes-diabetes.com/pages/joes-small-in-one

I use this - I had a black one when I was on MDI and it fitted everything in and wasn't too big - the design is quite clever I think, in that the biggest dimension is where the pens go, in the centre, and then it tapers to a smaller size at the other side.

When I went on a pump last year I treated myself to 2 new cases - one red, one blue - and again, they're just right for pump stuff. The red one has my pump handset/meter, my test strips, used test strip pot, glucose tablets, finger pricker and spare lancet thingy - ie the bits I need on me all the time. The blue one has a spare insulin cartridge, infusion set, cannula inserter and batteries. Both fit into my handbag, but if I'm just out and about locally or going for a walk or something I take just the red one in my coat pocket.

Sorted! They contain more than their actual size would suggest. No wasted space.

:)

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I use small pencil cases for my Insight hand set /test strips/finger pricker and wipes. They do them in lovely vibrant colours in Asda. I have used them for pens/big meter and strips in the past. Just an idea.
brilliant idea

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I
070cf74b958da9d5200ec5a10ba9e95f.jpg

Although I don't use I just packed my meter, sore lancets, strips etc in an empty take out box. As you'll see from the pic I put in my pain killers, snacks etc. Keeps it all tidy in my handbag and is more convenient than the case the meter came in.