Insulin, needles and flying

andybob

Thought I'd posted this yesterday but can't seem to find it so here goes lets try again.

Just wondered if any frequent travellers could advise me as to how I travel with insulin and needles etc. Are they ok to go in hold luggage? Only travelling from Liverpool to Belfast on Easyjet.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Andy

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Thought I'd posted this yesterday but can't seem to find it so here goes lets try again.

Just wondered if any frequent travellers could advise me as to how I travel with insulin and needles etc. Are they ok to go in hold luggage? Only travelling from Liverpool to Belfast on Easyjet.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Andy
Have moved it into here for you.
As its Type2 insulin using - relevant .

If you are really concerned about flying rules/regulations etc...
You can phone the airline up and check things with them pre flight .

Hope this can help you more .

lizbet9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Get a letter from your surgery stating that your diabetic and need your needles, insulin etc and put everything in your hand luggage as insulin can freeze and spoil in the hold, advice is to double up on what you actually need, I put some in hubbies bag! I also take a copy if my script. Never had a problem and have never actually needed the doctors letter. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

clucker34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Rudeness
Good advice from lizbet9, taking a prescription is helpful too, I've been all over and not had any probs. have a safe flight :)

vivienannmott

Remember your diabetes passport that tells you what you are on, this the diabetic nurse will give you. Take a small sharp container with you. Cary every thing you need with you not in the luggage hold as your insulin will be destroyed. Take a little more than you need. Take some food with you invade the food is not what you can eat.