Approved Insulin Pump Case Redesign for Children

hsalinas

Hi y'all!
I'm a type 1 diabetic student, studying industrial design and Human Computer interaction at Carnegie Mellon University. I am working on designing a pump case for children, hoping to solve some existing problems and make it a bit more enjoyable. If you are a parent of a diabetic child using an insulin pump I could use your help! If you only have 5 minutes, could you please help out our research by filling out this short survey? http://goo.gl/forms/00qIjag6Qo

If you have more than 5 minutes and a child with a pump we have a coloring sheet we would like to have children draw their dream pump case on! It should be fun for them, they can draw whatever they would like their pump to look like! Just download the coloring page (called Coloring-research.jpg) , give it to your child to color, and then upload a picture here.

It will be interesting to see the results and I hope to sell this pump case someday! It's been my dream to do something with diabetes and design since I was very young so this is just the beginning.
Thanks!!
Hannah

Attachments

• Coloring-research.jpg
    Coloring-research.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 346

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi y'all!
I'm a type 1 diabetic student, studying industrial design and Human Computer interaction at Carnegie Mellon University. I am working on designing a pump case for children, hoping to solve some existing problems and make it a bit more enjoyable. If you are a parent of a diabetic child using an insulin pump I could use your help! If you only have 5 minutes, could you please help out our research by filling out this short survey? http://goo.gl/forms/00qIjag6Qo

If you have more than 5 minutes and a child with a pump we have a coloring sheet we would like to have children draw their dream pump case on! It should be fun for them, they can draw whatever they would like their pump to look like! Just download the coloring page (called Coloring-research.jpg) , give it to your child to color, and then upload a picture here.

It will be interesting to see the results and I hope to sell this pump case someday! It's been my dream to do something with diabetes and design since I was very young so this is just the beginning.
Thanks!!
Hannah
Hi Hannah, if you are referring to the hard case of the pump then no pump manufacturer would bother to make cases specially for children. There are loads of people and companies that make skins which fit over the pump to make them as funky as you want though.