Insulin pumps

ChelseaLee3011

I have recently been told that I need to consider maybe going onto the pump rather than my 5 injections a day!
To date I have really not wanted the pump but my control is not good and after trying everything I may be forced to try the pump! What do people think that use a pump? X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

teddy2702

Hi
I've been a diabetic for 45 years and I started on an insulin pump 6 months ago it was the best thing I've done. My blood sugar are really good now and my habc1 has come right down. All I'd say is jump at the chance. I don't think you'll regret it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I cant recommend a pump enough. I kniw we are all different so obviously its a personal choice but for me my control is better than its ever been since going on the pump 8months ago. Ive been diabetic for nearly 23 years and this along with the DAFNE course has changed the way I manage the whole diabetes.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I tried an insulin pump back in 2010 and had a pretty bad experience to it not because it did not work just because i was not given the right aftercare in fact i was not given no after care plus the delivery of all the equipment was terrible they lost my order and it was panic stations as i only has 1 canola tubing etc left. I was given a medtronic veo and was told this was the rolls royce of pumps but the diabetic nurse at the time had just handed her notice as a nurse to work for medtronics in selling the product.

But don't let my story put you off i just think i was given faulse info on the product as i was told it had an alarm so when my sugars dropped it would warm me BUT the extra part for the alarm was not in with the pump and the hospital refused to include it as it would cost them a lot more money.

My diabetes team now are advising me to try another pump but at the moment i have been put off from my previous experience maybe in the future i will consider it.

From what i have read on the forum alot of people love the pump so i think as long as you are given the right info and after care you can't go wrong.

tracey167