Insulin pumps

likestotalk

Dislikes
People saying your diabetic you cant have that :0(
Good evening folks, does anyone have any comments on the use of insulin pumps and has there been any problems with the NHS funding them.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Moved to Insulin Pump Forum.

Dennis

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Hi,

You can get NHS funding provided that you meet any of the criteria laid out in the NICE guidelines - have a look for the sticky thread on the NICE guidelines.

You might also find the webcast on www.diabeteslive.com interesting too.

They can't deny you a pump on the grounds of funding. So you're best option is to do some research on the benefits of pumping and see if you think it would suit you, if you think it does, talk to your PCT about pumps!

Stu

iHs

The website Stu has mentioned is incorrect. That will take you off to some German sight.

In case anyone is interested the correct site is http://portal.quadia.nl/template/diabet ... sp?lang=en

Unfortunately only the audio broadcast can be heard. The pump shown in the broadcast was from Animas though although all pumps function in much the same way.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Sorry about the incorrect link there!! It used to work... and it worked for me just now when i tested it... then i tested it again and yes, some german site came up... odd!!!

You can watch the webcast if you register and log in... that's what i did. I had signed up to watch it when it went out live but something came up... but was pleased that they uploaded it to be viewed again.