Insulin pumps.

sophsss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
I know there is probably a topic made about the insulin pump that I have yet to come across, but I am a newly type 1 diabetic and I am wondering whether the insulin pump is noticeable as it looks fairly big on some of the images I have seen.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can conceal it pretty effectively in most clothing. With tight clothing you can obscure it but there will be a bulge.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sophsss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. The pump has been suggested to me, but I don't like people being aware I have diabetes because I have noticed that some people treat me differently. So I don't want to use things that make diabetes obvious

AlexandraMarnie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I hide mine in my bra - no one knows I'm wearing it other than the few people that need to know in case anything happens :) and to be honest, even I forget I'm wearing it!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have a look at my avatar photo...
Wear it on my arm.. Hugely comfortable. Yes, noticeable in a vest tshirt, but not in 3/4 or 1/2 or full sleeved tops.
Very, very rarely does anyone ask me about it.
I know I have a big black lab sat on me in photo, so not the best photo.
Never bothers me one ounce as Combo pump has a brilliant remote control.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AlexandraMarnie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does it cause any discomfort being in your bra?

Not at all. We all have one side slightly smaller so I put it that side sort of diagonally. If my bra isn't padded then I use either a pad out of another bra or maternity breast pads to get rid of the squareness. It's just getting used to it. I tried everywhere else with it and everywhere was just weird or I noticed that it was there so didn't like the idea