Insulin

mcha1959

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad manners , antisocial behaviour
New to this forum so just thought I'd post a bit about insulin .i have type 2 and taking insulin and metformin .not sure if that is usual any comments would be appreciated .have been on insulin for about 3 years .fortunately enough found it easy after first having reservations..the one thing that I would say is it's not always weight related . As I'm not overweight.but do feel isolated to a certain degree especially at work as people don't seem to understand .how it can affect me from day to day.i did end up with problems with my thyroid. Which I understand can be a problem with diabetes

Beausrus

Hi, I am type 2 on meds for 6 years and 8 days on insulin, I now take 3 x 850mg of metformin along with 1 dose of 16 units of insulin and increasing to reach normality. Finding jabs really good and feel good all round. Overweight so trying to shed some pounds too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mcha1959

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad manners , antisocial behaviour
Hi, I am type 2 on meds for 6 years and 8 days on insulin, I now take 3 x 850mg of metformin along with 1 dose of 16 units of insulin and increasing to reach normality. Finding jabs really good and feel good all round. Overweight so trying to shed some pounds too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I have to inject 4 times a day and metformin the same. Recently had an op for frozen shoulder. Not from an injury. But was aware more at risk with diabetes.was second op in a year on same side