insulin

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
type 2
got to start insulin in two weeks as well as my other tablets..anyone.elsr doing the same...is it better. And tips lol

Matovu Paul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
inequality
type 2
got to start insulin in two weeks as well as my other tablets..anyone.elsr doing the same...is it better. And tips lol
Thank you Smigger. I am using the same and it has made my life better. The tabs help slowing the production of glucose by the liver and insulin supplement that insufficient insulin produced by the body

Reactions: 2 people

Lou73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I started insulin 4 weeks ago. My readings are slowly coming down. It's amazing how quickly you get used to injecting.
It is better for me. I was previously going to bed at night with readings of 28 and higher - at the moment it is between 10-14. Increasing insulin slowly.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
I started just before Xmas, just the once a day. It's a complete doddle. Increased slowly and was monitored monthly by my doctor and diabetic nurse. Now at my optimum dosage that, combined with a lowish carb diet, gives the numbers that myself and my doctor are happy with. He's now happy not to have to see me except for normal diabetic reviews as he knows I know when and if I need to increase or decrease a bit.

Reactions: 2 people

kdwiqc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on met + bolus and basal regime and my HBa1C is steady at 50 so not too bad. Been able to reduce my volume of insulin as well so quite chuffed

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on insulin for 6 months now and have increased the amount of units slowly until I no longer require any other Meds. DN very pleased how I have now seem to have good control of my BS, I'm currents having 25 units before breakfast & 8 units before my evening meal, good luck.

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
What about the driving side of things

KiwiScot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on insulin now after many years on the max dose of Metformin wasnt working, so i use lantus and apidra plus a lesser dose of metformin but i find my weight is creeping up every month, anyone got the same problem since adding insulin to their meds?

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Been told when I start insulin to expect a weight increase.

TrinMonroe

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on insulin now for about 2 or 3 years, cant quite remember but in that time i have put on 4 stone...i have pcos too which contributes to having a constant weight gain but i was doing really well and slowly exercising and losing weight. I was really happy in my skin and now i am really depressed. I hate this weight gain, i dont feel like me anymore.
Two weeks ago i started a detox plan and i have cut out carbs (i advise this to all diabetics..carbs for us are evil) and basically anything bad and working out hard and my partner has lost a stone and i have lost two pounds.
I am going to see my diabetic nurse this week as i want to come off insulin or lower the dose right down and try some other type of medication that will help my sugar levels but avoid the weight gain.
My sugar levels are good tho on the insulin (mostly under 7) but the weight obviously isnt good for my organs and right now after all this hard work i just want to argggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!
The actual injecting isnt so bad...just remember to move around where you inject as you can get little bruises.
Good luck :)

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Touch wood I've not gained any weight so far.