Insuman Comb 25

Cosy

After having been on various medication over the last few years I have now been put onto Insuman Com 25 Insulin. I started off with a very low dose and had to increase as time went on according to chart I was given and relating to my readings before breakfast and before dinner. I have at this stage managed to get morning reading down to the 6/7/8's but still cannot get the evening one down to single figures. At the moment I inject a dose of 82 in the morning which is supposed to affect my evening reading and 66 in the evening which is supposed to affect my morning reading. The question is how high should I go, when I asked nurse how high I can go with dose she said as high as you need to go..........I am scared I overdose or something ! I know I could eat a bit more sensibly which I suppose I will do soon. Then if my sugars come down do I just decrease my doses as required which is what I have been told. I am not sure if I have worded this sensibly but hope someone can understand what I am asking. I am so pleased to be taken off the Metformin as it upset my stomach so much and I had persevered for six years not to have to be near a toilet when out is great. Thank you in advance for any answers you can give me.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No experience of this insulin at all, but I do wonder if a basal/bolus insulin regime would be a better option for you, that way if you do eat more sensibly (as in reducing your carb portions in your meals) you can better match your bolus insulin to the food you eat, might be worth discussing with your diabetes nurse.