Lewirussti

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to get this diabetics thing under control
Or weight.
Has any had there premiums put up by declaring that they are on insulin just new ish to site and noticed the inform insurance bit
All I was ever told was notify
Dvla.

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, you should notify your insurance company. They might increase your premiums slightly next year, but the main reason to do it is in case you have to make a claim. If you have an accident, even one which is not your fault, and you haven't told them you are diabetic they can, and probably will, refuse to pay your claim.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going through the process of getting a life insurance, its not straight forward i think, been a week now and still no news from insurers. Do you mind if i ask who are you with just in case the insurance company rejects me for whatever reason and I have to go to someone else.

Lewirussti

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to get this diabetics thing under control
Or weight.
I
I am going through the process of getting a life insurance, its not straight forward i think, been a week now and still no news from insurers. Do you mind if i ask who are you with just in case the insurance company rejects me for whatever reason and I have to go to someone else.
I am only insured via my mortgage and I have money set aside I case
Well you know !
cant bare the hAssell of the company's scrutiny feel like a leper.

Would be interested in other comments on insurance though !

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
For car insurance being treated with insulin will have no effect on the premium you pay, if it does go up next year then it will just be in line with the usual annual increase in insurance that everyone has to pay.

Things like life insurance is expensive if you take them out after diagnosis, but if you didn't have diabetes before you took the policy out then it will not effect your premiums.