1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Intolerances

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Clairey78, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Clairey78

Clairey78 Type 1 · Member

Hi all
    Does anyone suffer from any food intolerances?
    I think I do, but not sure how to find out for certain. Don't really want to try buying one on line as there are so many and I don't know where to start.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi, do you any symptoms that you are concerned about ? and have you been to see your GP for a proper diagnosis.
    I have Coeliac disease and there are a few of us with this condition.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Clairey78

Clairey78 Type 1 · Member

The only way I can describe it, is I get bad wind. I know I'm lactose sensitive when it comes to milk, so I have lactose free. But it's happening when I don't have any dairy as well.
    Haven't see GP yet, as he wants to send me for an endoscopy for everything.

4. Mrsass

Mrsass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Clairey78 I was tested for coeliac which can be done by a blood test and it came back negative so I was referred to the hospital by my doctor for food tests, it takes a while but id rather do it that way and get a proper result than an at home kit I just wouldn't feel confidant to trust one for something that's so important x

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

I can't eat dairy at all, except full fat yoghurt. Don't know why!

I have an intolerance to carbs and sugars!

I have a weird condition!

I don't have coeliac problems!

My wind ceased to be a problem coming off metformin and very, very low carbing!

If you're worried get yourself tested, your doctor should be able to refer you!

6. shaggy1974

shaggy1974 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I bought a testing kit from amazon and found out I have an intolerance to quite a few of the things listed on the test(Barley and tomatoes to name but two) I don't think they're 100% accurate as I still eat tomatoes and have no reactions but since avoiding foods with barley in I feel loads better

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook