1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Is accu chek combo noisy

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by charliebos, May 3, 2013.

1. charliebos

charliebos · Newbie

Hi I am being put on either an accu chek combo or Medtronic, I think I prefer the Medtronic but my hospital have a contract with accu chek. Every YouTube video of accu chek combo I have seen, the pump makes a weird machine type of noise when they bonus for food. Is it loud? I think I would find that awkward and embarrassing, but I am very self conscious at times. Also what are the coloured skins like available for the combo?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Its very quiet, not at all load. No one has heard mine.

Skins can be seen on the Roche web site, I have blue, black and white.

3. weeezer

weeezer · Well-Known Member

Nope not loud. You can hear a 'slight', very quiet ticking noise when it pumps the bolus but only if its quiet enough to hear a pin drop!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

4. SpikyMike

SpikyMike Type 1 · Active Member

I would expect that all pumps make some type of sound when blousing?

Type 1 since 1969.

5. Trina

Trina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Greetings

I've had the accuchek since November 2012 and never really noticed that it is noisy. Like a few others there is a ticking sound when you bolus but apart from that its silent I believe. Hope this helps.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook