Is it normal to feel this tired?

ThinType2

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with diabetes approx 1 year ago, I seem to be a bit of a funny case as I am not a type 1 but not really a typical type 2 either (underweight, young (relatively) and reasonabley fit,I did suffer from gestattional diabetes 10 years ago which may be a factor, my consultant is treating me with insulin and running more tests to get a more specific prognosis.

Going on insulin has made me feel much better, I was having numerous signals/symptoms (great in hindsight!) which all seem to have cleared up.

My control is good but recently I have been feeling extremely tired, ruling out pregnancy has anyone an idea if the diabetes could be causing it?

I recently has two bouts of a bad cold which are over but could that be it.

jfairy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rude people who show no respect to people in wheel chairs
might be best to go back to your doctor and ask for a blood test. I have a under active thyroid which makes me very tired ! do not know if this is because of being type one.My hubby says I sleep more than the cat ! :)

Jeneha

If you have an underactive thyroid, aren't you having thyroxine for it? I was diagnosed 10 years ago (had none of the major symptoms!) but am on thyroxine which is checked annually. If the dose is right the tiredness etc should go. Takes a while though as the levels of thyroxine in the blood have generally been dropping for a good while before the symptoms arise. Don't think the diabetes is affected by it - or affects it.

Jeneha

Fugs

My other half has told me that he thinks I'm turning into a cat. I must confess that I always fancied having a tail, but that's a whole other forum lol.
I sleep 22 hours a day and it's down to having high sugars. Because the sugar sits in your blood it's not converted into energy hence the tiredness.
Once you can get your diabetes onto an even keel you probably will feel tired

>^..^<