Is it normal to loose weight in diabetes ?

heemanshu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Help me guys to let me know is my weight loss of half kg each day from last 4 days is good / bad i am diabetic. I am not overweight i am currently ( previously was 57.8 ) 55.8 kg in 50 years of age i am female with 5.4 inch of height. my last sugar level was normal ‘128′ 15 days back. how can i control my weight loss. Is it due to i haven't taken medicine from 2 days

Reactions: leslie10152

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Help me guys to let me know is my weight loss of half kg each day from last 4 days is good / bad i am diabetic. I am not overweight i am currently ( previously was 57.8 ) 55.8 kg in 50 years of age i am female with 5.4 inch of height. my last sugar level was normal ‘128′ 15 days back. how can i control my weight loss. Is it due to i haven't taken medicine from 2 days
When you don't take your insulin or tablets, the body can't use the glucose created by digestion, which will have an effect on weight. But I would get a professional opinion about this. Any unexplained weight loss is a concern.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

What medicine do you usually take?

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

What is your diet like? I have never been overweight but my weight dropped a fair wee bit once I started a low carb diet to get in control of my blood sugar levels. The levels came right down nicely and I stopped losing weight after a little while.

heemanshu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is your diet like? I have never been overweight but my weight dropped a fair wee bit once I started a low carb diet to get in control of my blood sugar levels. The levels came right down nicely and I stopped losing weight after a little while.
My diet is as below -

in morning ( 10 am ) i took chapatis ( chickpea flour ) & lentils soup. I use chickpea flour as it is good in protein and diabeties.

Then at 2 pm i take fruits like one apple, half orange or 1 small cup of water melon or 2/3 strawberies etc or sometime i have yogurt cup at this time instead of fruits

Then at 5 PM i take food somewhat similar to i had in morning with 2 chapatis & lentils or vegetables with salad

heemanshu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What medicine do you usually take?

I have recently diagnosed diabeties. Initially it was 365 then i took proper diet after one month it was 128 ( before food ) i am not on any medication. I do excercise or walk daily for 20-30 minutes mostly after eating and want to be good on diet to maintain it.

I am taking an ayurvedic medicine

heemanshu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When you don't take your insulin or tablets, the body can't use the glucose created by digestion, which will have an effect on weight. But I would get a professional opinion about this. Any unexplained weight loss is a concern.

My doctor didn't told me to take insulin when it was diagnosed.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have recently diagnosed diabeties. Initially it was 365 then i took proper diet after one month it was 128 ( before food ) i am not on any medication. I do excercise or walk daily for 20-30 minutes mostly after eating and want to be good on diet to maintain it.

I am taking an ayurvedic medicine

Perhaps you could add some fat to your meals? Do you eat cheese or nuts?

If you've changed your diet since being diagnosed, then perhaps the weight loss is due to that.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
of good foods for diabetes are eggs , nuts, avocadoes, cheese, meat all kinds and fish (without coating )
vegetables grown over ground like tomatoes, cucumbers , peppers , zuchinni . and berries in smaller amounts , cream and full fat yoghurt, olives and olive oil , coconuts

it is important to do what the doctor instructed you to do, and seek help again at your doctor/GP if it doesn´t work for you... to do the right is important to get well again.

how come you haven´t taken your medication ? what medication havent you taken for 2 days ?

what is your ajurvedic medication ?

Last edited: