is really good ice cream possible?

gbswales

Has anyone discovered the secret of making a diabetic safe ice cream which tastes like the real vanilla soft french or itialian ice cream? I have a refrigerated ice cream maker and have been trying for months but it elludes me? Anyone from Swansea who has tasted Joes ice cream (not the packaged stuff but the one they serve in the parlour) will know exactly the taste I am trying to create. It would put so much back into my life as ice cream has been a passion since I was a child

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Try a range of recipes and use sugar substitutes.
I'm off to WSwansea tomorrow. Where is the icecream? 8)
Actually, I don't much like ice cream and I low carb, but someone else may have some and I'll steal a lick.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Lo-carb ice-cream is easy. Just mix double cream with milk, add some sweetener and some vanilla escence, and stick it in the ice-cream maker... I've made it a couple of times and it's just like Mr. Whippy.

gbswales

thanks for your ideas

I will give some these a try and let you know when I have come up with the "perfect recipe"

thanks

Katharine

Low carb ice cream can come out quite hard in consistency. You can get over this by adding booze to the mixture (before you freeze it). Have fun!