Is the Animas 2020 insulin pump good?

Amy.Jade_

I am 13, and have had diabetes since 2006. I was offered a pump a little while ago, and have said yes. Its now up to the NHS to decide whether to fund it or not, but I was wondering if the Animas 2020 pump is a good pump to have :?: Seeing as that is the one I'll e getting if the NHS agree.
Also what are you opinions on pumps :?: Are they as good as everyone says :?:
:)

Sweet3x

Hey Amy-Jade :)

I'm not a pump user, although I'm working to having one in the near future. I've been reading lots of info regarding all the different types of pump available, inlcuding checking the post about essential info (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6699). There is a link in that post that compares all the pumps, and personally, the Animas looks to be the best of all of them. It gets a higher grade on a lot of the charts, for various things. The main advantage, as far as I can see, is that it can be worn whilst swimming, showering and bathing (it's watertight for 24hours), is light, has a larger screen and has a wider 'basal rate range' and smaller basal rate increments (not entirely certain what this means, but it seems it makes it easier to control your insulin doses).

The 2020 also allows stuff to be downloaded to a computer, which is great since the earlier version didn't.

As I say, I don't really know anything about pumps, and hopefully someone will post here soon, but whilst you are waiting, take a look at the link in that post I mentioned above :)

Grats, by the way :)