Type 1 Is there a way to make my clinic hurry up? [emoji23]

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to the clinic about 5-6 months ago now, to ask for a pump, and after a loooooong time of waiting, including wearing a cgm for a week, nothing much seems to be happening.
I’ve been authorised for one, and it’s even waiting for me at the clinic, but no appointment is forthcoming...
I was continually told ‘definitely before xmas’, then close to Xmas it turned into ‘in the new year’... alas, no appointment yet.
I’ve called the clinic and left voice messages, but they don’t seem to return my calls now within the 48 hour timeframe they quote...
I do feel like I’m hassling them, but on the other hand, I know the pump will solve a lot of my issues... (see previous post)...
Thanks in advance!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @bradley_smasher Well done on getting this far :)

They may be waiting to start others off at the same time so are coordinating you all for the training, regardless keep calling, no harm and it will certainly get this moving. Let us know how it goes ?

Reactions: bradley_smasher
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @bradley_smasher Well done on getting this far :)

They may be waiting to start others off at the same time so are coordinating you all for the training, regardless keep calling, no harm and it will certainly get this moving. Let us know how it goes ?

Yeah they mentioned about starting a few of us together... I just expected a bit more oomph going forward!
I will keep calling for certain, and I’ll update here as soon as I hear anything! Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's quite a hard one trying to co-ordinate others in at the same time, I was only started with one other guy when I got mine, we started on the saline trial first and he gave his pump back after a week, was a builder and couldn't cope with wearing it while at work.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's quite a hard one trying to co-ordinate others in at the same time, I was only started with one other guy when I got mine, we started on the saline trial first and he gave his pump back after a week, was a builder and couldn't cope with wearing it while at work.

I can definitely understand coordinating people to be available at the same time, and that would make sense, if there’d actually been any correspondence!! Radio silence :(

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@bradley_smasher Yes definitely call them up - at least it shows them how keen you are to get pumping if anything else, or it could simply be due to staff holidays too ? But certainly call them.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, called another attached clinic earlier, and just had a call back. They are now waiting on a rep to go there to take all the supplies along, and said ‘if you haven’t heard anything in 2-3 weeks then call again’. So I’m fully expecting another month or two, angry and upset is an understatement :( is it worth writing a letter of complaint?!

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From what I gather on this forum if you're in a big hurry the NHS is not your buddy. Maybe bust open your piggy bank and go private. On another forum they told some guy with a high blood sugar: "yep, you're a diabetic alright". But didn't tell him what type, no meds, no diet, no meter, nothing. And that was in November. I think he got a shovel in the mail lol!