Is there an app that you can put your blood glucose levels down.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I use BG Monitor (Android). It's simple and just what I was looking for. I did look into Mysugr and other more popular apps, but I didn't want to have to register and hand over all my info and readings to God knows who. To me it looked as if there could well be privacy issues.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wonggordon.bgmonitor

Edited to ad link.

Last edited:
Reactions: flexi06

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Easy to navigate. Lots of features. Food diary, carb intake, bg, activity and it gives you an est average of your HBA1C if you use it enough. The more readings the better.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use MySugr, as I love the estimated HbA1c feature. I have it on both iPhone and iPad and it doesn’t matter which device I enter data on as it automatically updates the other. I do also use Glucose Companion as it produces brilliant graphs but you have to upload the results and then download them to the other device, but it only takes a few seconds.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
MySugr is brilliant. The only annoying thing is the giggling face, but at least you can turn the sound down within the app.

Reactions: mountaintom

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
MySugr is brilliant. The only annoying thing is the giggling face, but at least you can turn the sound down within the app.
I didn’t notice for ages that you can set the sound to off! It was fun to begin with but I agree it became annoying after a while :banghead:

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you know if you swipe to the right on the monster it shows your stats?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
see the app I have written linked to a forum thread in my signature. It runs on your PC and is free and you keep the data

Reactions: briped

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use My Sugr. Quite like it. My HB1AC was much lower on the app then when tested at the a recent clinic appt. I cannot find it on the App Store to for my IPad though

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
The health app that comes as standard on Samsung phones (S Health) let's you monitor a ton of health related things.

To manage my diabetes I use it to monitor my step count, walking, cycling and blood glucose readings

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use MyNetDiary diabetes version. Does food / calories / carbs. And a ton of features. It costs 12dollars i think. I link it to MySugr for the estimated Hba1c feature.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
MySugr it is free although I bought it for some reason.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I use Diabetes:M for about one year. It's good, I like it. Very conformable.
I used to use it too, and really liked it, but it must have been sold or something? It has changed a lot.

D

Deleted member 308541

I use Diabetes Journal, I only need it for a daily log book I can access my averages for the last three months though.

Cost me $2.00 to get rid of the adverts.

Redeye313

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Traffic jams
Marmite
I use one drop. You can log meds food and exercise as well and it’s free.

jarandhel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use MyNetDiary diabetes version. Does food / calories / carbs. And a ton of features. It costs 12dollars i think. I link it to MySugr for the estimated Hba1c feature.
I use this one as well, and it's actually $10 and is available on both android and iOS. So far it's done everything I've needed it to - tracks blood sugar, tracks meds, tracks nutrition (including carbs and calories), tracks exercise, tracks weight and a1c and other vital statistics. There is a subscription service available that provides more features, but so far I haven't needed anything that didn't come with the original $10 app. It also has a very nice web interface for entering diet information from a computer, though unfortunately the web interface doesn't let you enter blood sugar - I believe that's one of the features of the subscription. I just use the app for that, though, and save the $60/year. I didn't realize it synced with MySugr - might have to give that a try.

Edit: I've checked in both apps and I don't see a way to do this. Is this a subscription-only feature in one of the apps? Or am I just missing something? I'm using the Android versions, if that matters.

Last edited:

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use this one as well, and it's actually $10 and is available on both android and iOS. So far it's done everything I've needed it to - tracks blood sugar, tracks meds, tracks nutrition (including carbs and calories), tracks exercise, tracks weight and a1c and other vital statistics. There is a subscription service available that provides more features, but so far I haven't needed anything that didn't come with the original $10 app. It also has a very nice web interface for entering diet information from a computer, though unfortunately the web interface doesn't let you enter blood sugar - I believe that's one of the features of the subscription. I just use the app for that, though, and save the $60/year. I didn't realize it synced with MySugr - might have to give that a try.

Edit: I've checked in both apps and I don't see a way to do this. Is this a subscription-only feature in one of the apps? Or am I just missing something? I'm using the Android versions, if that matters.

To use MySugr with MyNetDiary, you need to allow apple health to use MyNetDiary as the SOURCE for blood glucose. Once you have done that, values entered in MND will be mirrored in apple health.

In MySugr, go to the menu, select connections, and choose apple health as a connected “devices and apps”

All this assuming you are using an iphone. Apple health is not available on an ipad. I wouldnt know where to start on android.