Is there anyone who has cured of diabetes completely?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I know there are degrees of improvement from diabetes
But is there anyone who has returned to his normal state so that he does not need to lend or any medication

A reasonable level of hemoglobin helps prevent the drug from being used

I hope my language is understandable

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know there are degrees of improvement from diabetes
But is there anyone who has returned to his normal state so that he does not need to lend or any medication.

That would be me, and many other people on this forum (diet only, no drugs). However we have not been CURED. If we start eating lots of carbohydrates again, our blood glucose levels will again become dangerous.

The current scientific knowledge is that diabetes is a chronic disease that cannot be cured. However, it can be "reversed," "controlled" or "put into remission." In that case, you are "a person with diabetes" but you are very unlikely to suffer from the complications of the disease, assuming that your body was not already damaged before diagnosis (some people have diabetes for many years but either don't know they have diabetes, or have poor glucose control).

As far as I know, there is only one real "cure" for diabetes and that is bariatric surgery -- having parts of your stomach removed or stapled, so that you are much less hungry and cannot eat so much food. This is rather extreme treatment however!

Edited to add: The above applies mainly to Type 2 diabetes. Type 1 or Type 3 is sometimes caused by explicit organ damage and I suppose it may occasionally be cured by surgery? I honestly don't know.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
That would be me, and many other people on this forum (diet only, no drugs). However we have not been CURED. If we start eating lots of carbohydrates again, our blood glucose levels will again become dangerous.

The current scientific knowledge is that diabetes is a chronic disease that cannot be cured. However, it can be "reversed," "controlled" or "put into remission." In that case, you are "a person with diabetes" but you are very unlikely to suffer from the complications of the disease, assuming that your body was not already damaged before diagnosis (some people have diabetes for many years but either don't know they have diabetes, or have poor glucose control).

As far as I know, there is only one real "cure" for diabetes and that is bariatric surgery -- having parts of your stomach removed or stapled, so that you are much less hungry and cannot eat so much food. This is rather extreme treatment however!

Edited to add: The above applies mainly to Type 2 diabetes. Type 1 or Type 3 is sometimes caused by explicit organ damage and I suppose it may occasionally be cured by surgery? I honestly don't know.
شكرا or thank you
Good News

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
شكرا or thank you
Good News

What is diabetes in Arabic?

It is a very ancient disease. It was described by the Ancient Egyptians and was probably known to Ibn Sina. That would be Avicenna, for us Westerners -- an 11th century Persian physician who is sometimes described as the father of modern medicine.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
What is diabetes in Arabic?

It is a very ancient disease. It was described by the Ancient Egyptians and was probably known to Ibn Sina. That would be Avicenna, for us Westerners -- an 11th century Persian physician who is sometimes described as the father of modern medicine.
Unfortunately, the Arabs have been very late in this field
Although they had knowledge of science but now they are busy with other things Lol
Morocco is a developed country in the field of medicine
I hope that some people do not understand wrong me here
Diabetic = السكري
Like word sugar

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From Wikipedia:

In medieval Persia, Avicenna (980–1037) provided a detailed account on diabetes mellitus in The Canon of Medicine, "describing the abnormal appetite and the collapse of sexual functions," and he documented the sweet taste of diabetic urine.

Like Aretaeus before him, Avicenna recognized a primary and secondary diabetes.

He also described diabetic gangrene, and treated diabetes using a mixture of lupine, trigonella (fenugreek), and zedoary seed, which produces a considerable reduction in the excretion of sugar, a treatment which is still prescribed in modern times. [@Grateful's note: huh?]

Avicenna also described diabetes insipidus very precisely for the first time, though it was much later that Thomas Willis differentiated it from diabetes mellitus in a chapter of his book Pharmaceutice rationalis (1674).

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No there is no cure for diabetes we can control and improve it but there is still no known cure.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately, the Arabs have been very late in this field.

Habibi, as you probably know, it is the Arabs (and the Persians) who helped transmit the knowledge of the ancient Greeks to the modern world, including medical knowledge. There was that huge flowering of Arab scholarship during what was, in Europe, the Dark Ages.

Without this, arguably, we might not have had the Renaissance in Europe (or it would have been delayed and weakened).

We in the West owe the Arabs an enormous lot.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
No there is no cure for diabetes we can control and improve it but there is still no known cure.
This is because it is not a disease but is a deficiency in the hormone

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
From Wikipedia:

In medieval Persia, Avicenna (980–1037) provided a detailed account on diabetes mellitus in The Canon of Medicine, "describing the abnormal appetite and the collapse of sexual functions," and he documented the sweet taste of diabetic urine.

Like Aretaeus before him, Avicenna recognized a primary and secondary diabetes.

He also described diabetic gangrene, and treated diabetes using a mixture of lupine, trigonella (fenugreek), and zedoary seed, which produces a considerable reduction in the excretion of sugar, a treatment which is still prescribed in modern times. [@Grateful's note: huh?]

Avicenna also described diabetes insipidus very precisely for the first time, though it was much later that Thomas Willis differentiated it from diabetes mellitus in a chapter of his book Pharmaceutice rationalis (1674).
You know a lot about the Arabs maybe more than me

Reactions: zand

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There is no cure for Type 1 diabetes. It is an autoimmune disease.

Type 2 diabetes can be put in remission but there will always be a danger of it returning. I prefer to say "controlled".

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
There is no cure for Type 1 diabetes. It is an autoimmune disease.

Type 2 diabetes can be put in remission but there will always be a danger of it returning. I prefer to say "controlled".
Of course, the first type of insulin-dependent treatment is not currently the second type can be consumed by the limit

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I'm sorry but can you explain what you mean? :)
I mean, it can only control your blood sugar level without believing you can eat whatever you want

The first type must be an insulin perhaps in the future there may be a final treatment who knows

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The first type must be an insulin perhaps in the future there may be a final treatment who knows

The description of Type 1 being "autoimmune" means, in simple terms, that the body is attacking itself. Your immune system (the part of the body that normally only attacks an invading illness) goes haywire. We know that it is an autoimmune disease, but we don't know what causes the autoimmune reaction in the first place, which is why it is usually stated that we don't know the cause of Type 1 diabetes.

Type 2 is another matter. (You will find lots of threads here that discuss its possible causes.)