Is this an ulcer or chilblain or ?

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
Hi being a Diabetic for almost 32 Years now now using Insulin for control I have become pretty paranoid of my feet over the Years, I know other Diabetics who have sadly lost part of a foot or a foot or leg etc, all the horror stories I have seen have led me to be very vigilant with my own feet. I now do not have much in the way of circulation in my feet and find them stone cold most of the time, I use circulation booster etc.

Problem I have is I have a worrying area on the sole of my foot about a couple of inches diameter, it is cold but itchy as heck and it is a different colour to the rest of my sole. I know if this sounds paranoid it is because I am paranoid but do you guys think I need to ask someone for advice about this it would I just be sounding silly because I fear anything happening to my feet so much? Could this be the start of an ulcer or chilblains or something?
Any ideas how I can salve this area to stop it itching and being so tender?

Sorry if this is just a paranoid ramble but I'd rather know whether to catch something at the very beginning or to leave it because it's nothing :)

Shecat

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
Thank You! :)

Reactions: 2 people