Is this change significant?

markd

I changed to 1x500 Metformin daily from 2x500 a week ago.

My 2 hours after meal BG readings had been averaging around 4.9 but are now averaging around 5.2 - my fasting levels have gone up to by about the same amount.

Is this change significant, that is should I be looking to go back to 2x500 daily, or is this increase small enough not to worry about? I'd rather not let things slip by waiting some weeks for my next GP visit.

The only other changes are that with the poor weather, I've hardly got out of the house for the past week, so no exercise except for two trips to the dentist for some extensive root canal procedures.

mark.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Why did you change your medication? was this on the advice of your doctor?

markd

My control was pretty good but I was still suffering from a lot of gut rot, so my GP suggested trying to reduce the dose (he said that SR was too expensive for NHS prescription).

When I was first diagnosed, my levels were only between 7 and 8, but he started me on Metformin straight away, saying that early control could help spare my pancreas for a while longer.

mark.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
(he said that SR was too expensive for NHS prescription).

Other people see to get SR with no problem!! :x

Your numbers on just one metformin are still good,just keep an eye on them that they do not go up any further.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Lack of exerci9se could make this difference

milly mole

Dislikes
rude people,know alls
markd said:
My control was pretty good but I was still suffering from a lot of gut rot, so my GP suggested trying to reduce the dose (he said that SR was too expensive for NHS prescription).

When I was first diagnosed, my levels were only between 7 and 8, but he started me on Metformin straight away, saying that early control could help spare my pancreas for a while longer.

mark.

Huh another doctor trying to save a buck instead of a patient.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
markd said:
(he said that SR was too expensive for NHS prescription).
Not true. My doctor prescribed them to me with no hesitation when I asked for them. Try asking another doctor to prescribe them?