Is this something worth keeping an eye on?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My snake oil detector is ringing. The papers quoted may (or may not) be legit, but they are not studies or trials of the specific T1D cures being offered commercially by this RCT outfit. They have slick marketing that is very short on facts. They appear to be a single-doctor operation. Let's face it, if this worked, even if she was greedy, she would be licensing it to the Mayo Clinic, not working out of a single office in Arizona. Snake oil. Even the claim doesn't make sense. Something about using a peptide to activate RNA transcription of (hand wave hand wave) to (reading between the lines) reduce/eliminate the autoimmune response (!!!) and then (hand wave / by magic) normal beta cell function.

Actually not just my snake oil detector but my bulls**t detector going off. Sorry. This is well packaged to look legit but I fear it is just another cynical US entrepreneur physician on the make. :-(

Reactions: 4 people

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My snake oil detector is ringing. The papers quoted may (or may not) be legit, but they are not studies or trials of the specific T1D cures being offered commercially by this RCT outfit. They have slick marketing that is very short on facts. They appear to be a single-doctor operation. Let's face it, if this worked, even if she was greedy, she would be licensing it to the Mayo Clinic, not working out of a single office in Arizona. Snake oil. Even the claim doesn't make sense. Something about using a peptide to activate RNA transcription of (hand wave hand wave) to (reading between the lines) reduce/eliminate the autoimmune response (!!!) and then (hand wave / by magic) normal beta cell function.

Actually not just my snake oil detector but my bulls**t detector going off. Sorry. This is well packaged to look legit but I fear it is just another cynical US entrepreneur physician on the make. :-(
Lol thought as much. At least it has cured me of clicking on Facebook ads :p

Reactions: 4 people

silver-type-1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
peptides therapy has backup in medical literature and immune response, I cannot comment on this specific company...but several researchers found this link between the peptides and immune response.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think pretty much everything that is in a pop up ad is a bit shady, I learnt the hard way to avoid them, theres always a catch