Issues with analogues - possible allergy to Glargine? Is it in Degludec??

Metalmama

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello All,

I've recently tried Fiasp and Toujeo and had rare adverse reactions to both, one very rare.

Both made me breathless at times, gave me in an odd taste in my mouth, palpitations for the Toujeo. Thought there was something wrong with me until I read both pack inserts after this happened.

Rang Sanofi this morning to report the Toujeo and got nowhere. The medical team were not forthcoming with much information at all. So I am no further forward.

I am trying to establish exactly what ingredient is making me react and not getting very far and have spoken to my nurse, clueless consultant and Sanofi. The latter two said they had not heard of some of these reactions before, so I told them to read the pack insert where it is clearly stated. (Sigh).

Nurse wants to try me on Degludec, have looked online and cannot see Glargine in it as wonder if this is the allergy cause. It is not listed as a component. Does anyone know if it is?

Christmas was really stressful (understatement) with all this and lack of support from my local medical team. Seem to be getting nowhere and need answers but nobody is prepared to give them or are too clueless.

Any advice appreciated. Desperate as wonder if analogues are not for me. Am quite sensitive to insulin, tried Insuman about five or so years ago and also reacted to that.

Thanks!