Ist phase inulin response

phraedus

Want to check your 1str phase insulin response as well as sensitivity ,depletion and resistance IMO very easy here's how I do it

Go to the pharmacy and get 40 gm of pure glucose, now you will need five test strips. I created a graph to show you how mine looks you will note at the 30 min marker a 11.6 mmol/l spike(multiply by 18 ) to ge t209 mg/dl.

This is a very high spike yet all is good at the 1hr 1.5 hr and 2hr markers.
Since I have quite acceptable numbers at the 1 and 2 hour timings it suggest to me that my problem is 1st phase insulin release .

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad27 ... SPONSE.png

phraedus

ok this is my line of reasoning on insulin deficiency.
at the 1.5hr mark I go below my baseline this indicates to me that the pancreas has over shot the setpoint determined by the liver.
At the 2 hr mark there is a slight rise back to baseline

I have performed this test a number of times with just carbohydrate food to avoid any interference from fat protien and fiber. I always overshoot and return to baseline by inference If I have sufficient insulin I must be more insulin resistant .

The only thing that troubles me is the first phase response being so high. But is not really a concern I find high fat and fiber dampen this response to quite manageable levels.

What do you think of my reasoning yes/no/maybe?