It's a bit quiet in here

spideog

Is there anybody else about doing any kind of sport? How do you deal with the training/ competing and that other annoying little issue that we all have?

I do a lot of running, depending on your definition of a lot, and finally by some fluke managed to break 3hours for the Marathon back in October. I'm heading off skiing next week, which will actually be my first time on skis since I qualified as a ski instructor in New Zealand. Also got up to some other of their daft activities they do down there like the jumping off bridges and out of aeroplanes.

Will be starting on a pump in a couple of weeks though so am now starting to wonder how to deal with the pump and sports. Have to relearn how I need to dose before, and now during, activities.

I can't be the only crazy person about. So does anyone have any pointers?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nice to see your type 1 hasn't held you back spideog! :)

Have a look at the following link to runsweet which may provide you with some advice regarding pump therapy and exercise:

http://www.runsweet.com/

Nigel

spideog

If anything I think the diabetes has made me do more "daft" things than before, I certainly don't let it prevent me doing anything.

I think I may have come across runsweet before, or a dsn pointed me towards it, but never actually found a huge amount of information there. Was probably a few years ago though so will have to go and have another look at it.

I did come across this blog from a US cross country skier though who has been getting decent results in the World Cup races, although didn't get any medals in last years Olympics. He uses an Omnipod.
(Blog link removed. Forum Policy)