It's the quirky things in life...

Morning all,

Whilst sat at work today with high blood sugar levels, I realised that when I'm either low or high, I go out of my way to do weird little things that make me feel better.

For example, today I've made sure that my Diabetic ID necklace is always visible and am constantly touching it.
Also, whenever I've gone to the toilet, I've not quite locked the door and rather held it shut with my foot to make sure if anything happened - people could get in.

Are there any odd quirky things that the rest of you like to do whilst you're unbalanced?

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm thinking about it....
Not a quirky thing, but essential: I do make sure my car is stocked with glucose tablets, and (why?) a warm blanket. (After a hypo, I can't get warm)
But this is when I'm balanced, not 'unbalanced'. :)
What else?
When I'm unbalanced I try to do the same pernickety thing over and over again, like open a tube of glucotabs - and still fail. Or walk upstairs like I'm aged 132 and the penny still doesn't drop.:(:)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,

Whilst sat at work today with high blood sugar levels, I realised that when I'm either low or high, I go out of my way to do weird little things that make me feel better.

For example, today I've made sure that my Diabetic ID necklace is always visible and am constantly touching it.
Also, whenever I've gone to the toilet, I've not quite locked the door and rather held it shut with my foot to make sure if anything happened - people could get in.

Are there any odd quirky things that the rest of you like to do whilst you're unbalanced?

That bit about the toilet is quite clever actually.:)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
.... I've started using Kitestring when I'm worried about dropping too low - particularity if walking the dogs by myself.... it's really helped re-assure me that there's a way someone will know if I need help :)

https://www.kitestring.io/

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Mmm I think this is quirky - whenever i'm running high I always eat something - goes completely against the logic of trying to get them back down, suppose it's comfort eating because running high always gets me down...:(