IVF

Heather77

Hi I've just been diagnosed with type 1, and currently waiting to have my Fallopian tubes removed then to have ivf, I'm. Just wondering if any one else has any advice to help my diabetes through the process

Thanks heather

Fraddycat

Hi Heather, I am just bumping your post up in the hope that someone with a shared experience can comment. Good luck!

jellybean

Hi
I have just been through IVF and am Type 1 diabetic for 30 years. The difficulty is that the hormones raised by bloods so i was having to test 3 hourly and dose adjust. I worked closely with the diabetes team and had my HbA1c checked monthly. It does depend on what type of medication they give you because on other cycles i was ok.

weeezer

Hi heather...did you go ahead with ivf? How is life as a t1 treating you? I've been t1 for 13 years and after a natural pregnancy the first time round couldn't fall pregnant again so went down the IVF route...happy to share if you're interested! X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Heather77

Hi I would gladly have some advice, I'm currently trying to lose weight to get onto the NHS list, I'm finding that very difficult and it's only 8lbs!! I would love to hear from you x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App