Januvia

Jondoc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been taking Januvia 100mgs for the last five years.At one point my doctor took me off it because of adverse reports in a medical journal.
I have now been back on it for two years.It keeps me well balanced,however my weight has gone up by around a stone.
Has anyone else had this experience.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have been on januvia (sitagliptin) for two years nearly. And have had no problems with the meds. Even though my weight loss has shown down. What it does for me is help with my control of my blood glucose levels.
My use of the drug is somewhat different to yours.
I take sitagliptin because it lowers my spike by inhibiting the glucose,, glucagon response. Therefore my insulin is used more effectively, and I don't hypo as quickly as I should do. I also eat more regularly to offset any hypo, always low carb.

You would be taking it reduce your blood glucose levels to get you down to near normal levels.
If this seems to be taking more time, than you or your GPs, dsn. Then maybe what you have been told to stay away from in your diet could likely affect it just as well.
Are you low carbing?

You might just be eating too much, I know that when I ate too many carbs, that is what piled my weight up. But I'm weird!

Give us an example of what you eat and maybe we can give you some pointers.