1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Jenny Ruhl's book

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by Dennis, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dennis

Dennis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

In a link that someone posted, I came across Jenny Ruhl's book Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes.

I wondered if anyone has read this? Considering that Fergus and I have often commented that Dr Bernstein's works are so readable and informative they should be compulsory reading for all newly diagnosed, I was particularly impressed to see Dr Bernstein's comment that "I think this book should be read by all diabetics because of the valuable material that cannot be found elsewhere."

2. sixfoot

sixfoot · Well-Known Member

3. fergus

fergus Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Dennis & Dave P,

I haven't read the book either, but the website is on my list of favourites. It's full of valuable info and references, most of which is at odds with the conventional wisdom. Experience tells me this is probably a good thing :) I'll order one next time I'm at Amazon I think.

All the best,

fergus

4. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

Just checked on Amazon.Book is £20 on there!

5. Dennis

Dennis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Sue,
    Yes, I'd spotted that as well. But you can buy it from the US Amazon site at $12.11 plus $6.99 shipping to the UK, so a total cost of $19.10, so around £10 plus whatever your credit card company charges in commission for a US dollar purchase - unless you have a Nationwide card. As I travel abroad quite a bit I keep a Nationwide card just for overseas purchases because they don't charge commission on overseas purchases and their exchange rate is also competitive.

6. sofaraway

sofaraway · Well-Known Member

Haven't read the book but do like the website especially the MODY page has some very good information.
    the author is a very nice lady, have spoken online to her about a few issues.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook