Jenny Ruhl's book

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
In a link that someone posted, I came across Jenny Ruhl's book Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes.

I wondered if anyone has read this? Considering that Fergus and I have often commented that Dr Bernstein's works are so readable and informative they should be compulsory reading for all newly diagnosed, I was particularly impressed to see Dr Bernstein's comment that "I think this book should be read by all diabetics because of the valuable material that cannot be found elsewhere."

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Dennis & Dave P,

I haven't read the book either, but the website is on my list of favourites. It's full of valuable info and references, most of which is at odds with the conventional wisdom. Experience tells me this is probably a good thing :) I'll order one next time I'm at Amazon I think.

All the best,

fergus

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Sue,
Yes, I'd spotted that as well. But you can buy it from the US Amazon site at $12.11 plus $6.99 shipping to the UK, so a total cost of $19.10, so around £10 plus whatever your credit card company charges in commission for a US dollar purchase - unless you have a Nationwide card. As I travel abroad quite a bit I keep a Nationwide card just for overseas purchases because they don't charge commission on overseas purchases and their exchange rate is also competitive.

sofaraway

Haven't read the book but do like the website especially the MODY page has some very good information.
the author is a very nice lady, have spoken online to her about a few issues.