Jet Lag and BS unstable normal?

alf15

I got back from Vegas on Monday and since I've been back my BS has gone mental! Finding it very hard to get it under control?

Is it common for you BS to go crazy with jet lag, due to time different, tiredness and change in eating times?

My BS was fine over in Vegas, considering it was very hard to figure out the portion sizes! (my god every portion it massive over there).

Any quick fixes? i.e upping nigthtime insulin or do I just have to get plenty of sleep and wait for my body clock to adjust back?

Thanks

Alan

Snodger

nobody seems to have answered you! So I will give it a go...
maybe the problem has gone away now but for the record, yes, jet lag has always screwed with my bgs. The main prob I get is with the dawn phenomenon thing - you prob know that your body pumps up the sugar early in the morning to get you going. If your body reckons it's 'morning' it will pump up that sugar even if actually it's 6 hours wrong.
I've always just ended up increasing my tests and trying to match what my body is doing, and getting it wrong, and getting frustrated, and eventually it all comes right.
hope you're managing ok now...

alf15

Thanks snodger, thats what i thought. Every time around 5 or 6pm my bs would just jump from 6 to 13-15. Which if i was in Vegas it would be morning time like you said.

My BS is alot better now, not jumping at 6pm anymore :D . Was still rising when I was alseep, but last night I finally figured out the correct lantus dose to counter act it :D

Thanks again.