Jimmy Moore loses 50lb on VLC Keto Diet

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Certain people have ridiculed Jimmy Moore for his weight. Not any more, it seems that he has lost 50lbs on a Phinney and Volek inspired ketogenic diet:
http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/befo ... osis/16160

I7Gg.jpeg
I7GN.jpeg

If you don't know Jimmy, he's at the epicentre of the low-carb world, with his regular podcast interviews with absolutely all of the most important people. I personally owe him a lot. Bernstein got me started with the whole low carb thing, but it was through his podcasts that I got onto Steve Phinney, Jeff Volek and then found my way into the whole Paleo thing. If you have sometime, I thoroughly recommend checking out some of his archives. It's like a "who's who" of low-carb.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have to agree - Jimmy is an absolute legend. Can't say the same thing for his critics :yawn:

All of his podcast shows are a huge resource and a wealth of information. Over the past few months, I've gradually been working my way through the archives. The Ask The Low Carb experts shows are a must that I look forward to every week.

Amazing too that tweaking his diet and making sure he's in nutrutional ketosis 24x7 has made such a huge difference for him after years of being on a low carb diet.

Way to go, Jimmy :clap:

Defren

I read Jimmy's blog over the weekend, and have to say I am really impressed. His dietary ketosis trial piqued my interest as I have been in ketosis since March. I will certainly be returning to his blog, along with others as my diabetic journey continues.