Just came in to have a moan....

SandieB

I know you guys will understand my frustration, as we've all had dealings with GPs etc!

So, how's this for NHS stupidness....my brother popped into the doc to pick up my repeat prescription, and was told that I was no longer on their list, as the local health authority had requested my records back as I no longer live at my address. They gave me a phone number so I phone them up and was told that the doctor had returned them because I hadn't replied to a letter they had sent(?), I would need to go to the GP and re register. So I took time off work to go down there, not knowing what would be required, and therefore didn't have any acceptable ID on me. But it turned out the the health authority had requested my records back because I hadn't to replied to a letter they sent....ONE letter...which I don't think I ever had anyway! So they took me off the list with no further enquiry.
I'm annoyed with my GP practise too, as I've been with them since I was a child and have been at my current address more than 20 years, plus they've been issuing me with prescriptions on a regular basis up till a month ago. Doesn't anybody have common sense any more? I'm sure if I worked at the GP surgery I would have looked at my records and thought "that's weird! and tried to contact me about it, I wouldn't have just sent them off without another thought. Or am I being too simplistic.
So my brother had to go back the next day with my ID and fill in a form for me...and now I have to take more time off work to have a nurse's appointment because I'm a "new" patient! Aaarrgh!!
Luckily there was one sensible receptionist who organised my repeat prescription in the meantime (as long as the form was filled in, of course!)
Sorry, this turned into an essay...thanks for listening if you made it this far!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Good god, what a bloody farce. You have every right to rant. Makes you want to complain but then you wonder if you are going to do more damage. I'm sure there must be some redress somewhere.

oxfordrocks

You have my sympathy.
My GP's surgery makes mistakes over the simplest things.

Rarely having my prescription ready even though I always leave 5 days between handing it in and picking it up, for one example.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
You just couldn't make it up could you? A troop of Baboons could do a better job.

I hope things run smoother for you in the future.

Take care

RRB

SandieB

Thanks guys...I knew you'd understand!

Funnily enough while I was in the waiting room waiting for someone to get back to me a woman came in ranting about how she'd just picked up her prescription and her medication which she always has two of, to last two months, had been reduced to one without her being told. Boy, was she mad! She went on and on about how she worked full time! I had a little smile to myself thinking "well at least you haven't been struck off!" :eek:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
SandieB said:
Thanks guys...I knew you'd understand!

Funnily enough while I was in the waiting room waiting for someone to get back to me a woman came in ranting about how she'd just picked up her prescription and her medication which she always has two of, to last two months, had been reduced to one without her being told. Boy, was she mad! She went on and on about how she worked full time! I had a little smile to myself thinking "well at least you haven't been struck off!" :eek:)

Annoying but some surgery's will only prescribe a month ahead, I suppose the excuse is to cut down on waste if a patient stops taking a drug or changes meds, for long-term conditions like diabetes there's no excuses and it's a pain having to put repeats in all the time.

Hope you get things sorted soon :thumbup:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to ask for extra meds as mine would have run out while I was away so I got a two month prescription and now I always get 2 months supply when I put in a repeat prescription
CAROL