Just had my latest HbA1c results :)

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received my latest HbA1c results and they are 44 down from 59 4 / 5 months ago, now just to look up the results in plain English. :D

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Not sure what the results mean either but it's heading in the right direction so well done ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is below 48 then it is excellent so your result is indeed excellent. It's 6.2 in old money.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
great work :) to what would you attribute your success ?

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Success is down to a nurse who nudged the docs into action (took well over a month to do it) to change meds, this and another forum for their support and a lot of meter tests in identifying what food was causing problems.

A change of meds would not of worked on their own as certain foods would of still spiked well in excess of what the meds could handle. Had a few lows mainly around 3.6 to 3.9 (now know what a hypo feels like and its not nice) in the learning process and now know when my most likely danger times are for lower BS.

Food choice is still causing problems and the learning curve continues as some food that others report as sending their BS sky high don't effect me. Two hours after tea last night BS was 4.4, tea was 2 burgers 2 eggs and a ryvita (first time I have had a burger in 12 months) had a banana as a snack / top up and 2 hours later BS was 4.6. Then other food which I need to identify (must start a food diary) is still spiking, though not as drastically as before.

Also thanks to Bayer for supplying me with several new contour next usb meters free of charge and easy to use software, which made tracking changes easy to identify.

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
Well done you keep it up

Diagnosed type II 1998 2 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol