Just joined today.

swift

Hello to everyone,
I've been reading the forum for sometime now and have found it to be a great source of information but most of all I've found support for each other when times are difficult or people are struggling, knowing others have the same medical condition as yourself does help you to feel less isolated.

I'm a T2 diagnosed 8months ago and on Metformin BD. After the initial shock :shock: decided it was up to me to manage this condition and keep it under good control to help prevent complications in the future. I've not found it to difficult, made a few mistakes a long the way but I think I've got it right now :D for me it's all about balance, I do have treats now and then but most of the time I just eat normally but without sugary carbs :roll: things are going well and I'm happy with my results to date, think I've reached the point I've learned to live with diabetes:D

Jan

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi swift and welcome to the forum :) I'm glad you're starting to be able to live with diabetes. You are right about the way to go - just cut down on the carbs (all carbs not just sugary) as much as you can manage and you will see your levels improve. I also have a small treat, every day, it keeps me on the straight and narrow for the rest of the time and my BG levels allow me to do this. Go ahead and ask as many questions as you like and someone will always have an answer for you.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Jan and welcome to the forum, glad to hear you've got a handle on your diabetes :D

swift said:
made a few mistakes a long the way but I think I've got it right now :D

We all make a few mistakes along the way, that's how we learn, isn't it?