Just out of interest....

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Since going on to a pump do you generally find you have fewer hypos per week? My pump review is in a couple of weeks (at the moment I only have it on trial) and my main target was to reduce the number of hypos per week. While I think this has happened (although I can't remember how many I had per week before I went on the pump), I'm finding that even the smallest alteration to my day has a huge impact on my blood sugars. Yesterday evening I did a bit of digging on our allotment so knowing that this was quite strenuous I did a tbr of -50%. Beforehand I was 11.1 (I'd not given a full dose for my meal because I knew I'd go to the allotment afterwards). Just 20 mins into digging I felt ridiculously tired so tested and I was 2.2. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having a pump and would hate for it to be taken away, but this wouldn't have happened when I was on mdi. Perhaps this is because control is so much tighter on a pump. Getting the tbr's right for exercise is proving to be my downfall.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes i have fewer hypos not sure its the pump or CGM though. Although saying that Ive had a 2 which is the first in a long time after I ignored the CGM and fell back asleep (saturday morning)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It makes sense that it could be the tighter control causing you an issue. I'm at the same stage as you with the pump. I feel like I'm having fewer hypos, and less severe, but I don't know for sure. The research data says "fewer hypos at no cost in HBa1c".

Your gardening incident is odd though. If that happened to me I would think something had gone wrong at mealtime. Too much insulin, double dosing, or a tummy bug. To go from 11 to 2 so quickly.

One thing we were told in a follow up pump class is that there's a delay of a couple of hours when you change the basal rate, before it affects the insulin in your bloodstream. That it's slower than a pen injection I guess. That surprised me.