Just poping in to say hi not been on for a while. Update!

hawalkden

Just thought I'd pop in and update about what's going on in my life. Not been on here for a while!

I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant :) woooooop! Very excited. We're due in December :D. Can't wait want peanut to be here now.

Background information. Was diagnosed in March 2009, where my bloods were reading 35.8! I was put on novamix – which is rubbish and I think it should be discontinued! In February 2010 (on my birthday too!) I went in to DKA self admitted to hospital then was in a medical induced coma for 8 days. Developed pneumonia and then a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot in my lung). Was touch and go. Went on to the DAFNE in April 2010 and changed my insulin to Levimir twice a day and then Novarapid at meals. My bloods did get better.

My bloods haven't been within the target range since being diagnosed they was at the start between 10-20! bad I know haha but at 18 and being diagnosed my whole life was turned upside down and I was rebelling a little!

After the DAFNE they went down and I got my first single figured hba1c at 9.7% :). bloods were still between 10-18..

Then in March 2011 :) I found out me and my fiancé were expecting our first peanut! I went to the Diabetic Midwife who said I needed my hba1c lower. Like they always moan about and I had it tested every 2 weeks and still do. The results are in the 8-9% range and go up or down a 0.2-3% ever 2 weeks which I think is a huge achievement for me when my bloods use to be so high. My sugar readings are brill and at the moment are reading between 7-15 which is better then doubles all the time.

In may of this year I was offered an insulin pump and I think it's the most amazing thing ever invented and I honestly mean that!

I think everyone should be given the chance to use it if they could and if the NHS had the money for them! They are just a great device and I couldn't live without the wizard on it. Where it calculates your carb counting and insulin intake. I've always been rubbish at carb counting and never and still don't understand the ratios etc!

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Re: Just poping in to say hi not been on for a while. Update

Hope you keep good control and have an easy delivery.

Good health and happiness to you, your fiance and the peanut.

Doug

Snodger

Re: Just poping in to say hi not been on for a while. Update

yay well done, and all the best for little peanut