1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

just thought i would update folks

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by chrissieworne, Nov 21, 2012.

1. chrissieworne

chrissieworne · Well-Known Member

Hi all, ages since I last went in here, I had been on the Lighterlife plan for 10 months and I lost 6 stones to get to normal weight and BMI. :clap: I had to come off my Gliclazide when I started plan so was on no meds at all. I have now been off plan and on conventional foods for three months and am maintaining my goal weight within a 3 pound leeway either side. :D I now realise my eating consists of 2 portions low fat dairy, 2 fruit portions, 3-4 veg/salad portions, 1 small carb portion, 1 small whole meal portion and 2 small-med protein portions per day. I am never hungry and yes, I have the occasional sugar free jelly and treat. When I was diagnosed 4yrs ago next March my HBAIC was 9.2, I struggled with Metformin and Gliclazide and alhtough I managed to lose a bit of weight the lowest I got my HBAIC to was mid 6's and I couldn't maintain it. My last HBAIC was 5.4!!! My GP said I had "reversed the Diabetes" he said it does not mean I am now non-diabetic but that If I was tested for the very first time now I would not be Diabetic! :shock: I am chuffed to mint balls and feel so well. I am aware it will be a struggle to keep it off but I am a new woman inside and out. My main concern is I can still sometimes feel "hypoish" and when I check my levels I can be at 4, I eat regularly but this has confused me :eh: as I am not on meds and I would have thought my body would be used to lower BG now, any ideas??? By the way my BP is fine, actually last yr I was borderline for meds but now it is actually low so I can feel giddy if I get up in a hurry for example.
    Meant to add, my Thyroid has been checked and my Thyroxine reduced last month so am not over medicated. :crazy: Thanks folks, Chris

2. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Well done!!

Regards

Doug

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Could be just your body getting use to the lower levels or a side-effect of your other medications, if it persists have a word with your gp Chrissie.

btw, well done on the fantastic weight loss and Hba1c :clap:

4. juliebambimolly

juliebambimolly · Newbie

Well done!! ive lost 2 stone in a year and a half and am eating healtier

5. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Great news and results to you both :clap: :clap:
    Its inspiring to hear these successful stories and updates .
    Am sure they will encourage others :thumbup:
    Anna.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook