just thought i would update folks

chrissieworne

Hi all, ages since I last went in here, I had been on the Lighterlife plan for 10 months and I lost 6 stones to get to normal weight and BMI. :clap: I had to come off my Gliclazide when I started plan so was on no meds at all. I have now been off plan and on conventional foods for three months and am maintaining my goal weight within a 3 pound leeway either side. :D I now realise my eating consists of 2 portions low fat dairy, 2 fruit portions, 3-4 veg/salad portions, 1 small carb portion, 1 small whole meal portion and 2 small-med protein portions per day. I am never hungry and yes, I have the occasional sugar free jelly and treat. When I was diagnosed 4yrs ago next March my HBAIC was 9.2, I struggled with Metformin and Gliclazide and alhtough I managed to lose a bit of weight the lowest I got my HBAIC to was mid 6's and I couldn't maintain it. My last HBAIC was 5.4!!! My GP said I had "reversed the Diabetes" he said it does not mean I am now non-diabetic but that If I was tested for the very first time now I would not be Diabetic! :shock: I am chuffed to mint balls and feel so well. I am aware it will be a struggle to keep it off but I am a new woman inside and out. My main concern is I can still sometimes feel "hypoish" and when I check my levels I can be at 4, I eat regularly but this has confused me :eh: as I am not on meds and I would have thought my body would be used to lower BG now, any ideas??? By the way my BP is fine, actually last yr I was borderline for meds but now it is actually low so I can feel giddy if I get up in a hurry for example.
Meant to add, my Thyroid has been checked and my Thyroxine reduced last month so am not over medicated. :crazy: Thanks folks, Chris

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Well done!!

Regards

Doug

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Could be just your body getting use to the lower levels or a side-effect of your other medications, if it persists have a word with your gp Chrissie.

btw, well done on the fantastic weight loss and Hba1c :clap:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Great news and results to you both :clap: :clap:
Its inspiring to hear these successful stories and updates .
Am sure they will encourage others :thumbup:
Anna.