Just to say hi!

manu

Hi,
I've been following this forum for a while now, and today I decided to sign up.
I just wanted to introduce myself really, so I'll tell you a bit about me.
I'm manu, I'm 30 and I've been living in the UK for quite a few years now.
It's been nearly a year that I've been diagnosed with Type 1. I've found it just by chance, looking for other BG disorders (my HBA1c was 5.6 when I first found out).
Doctors think is a LADA type, as the evolution is quite slow. In fact, for months I managed to keep BG levels to normal with a very strict diet, until last november I got ill, my HBA1c rose to 7.8 and I had to start injecting insulin.
As everyone else, I've had many problems with finding the correct insulin dosage, as I need very few units a day at the moment (between 5/7 units of Apidra before my meals, and 5units of Lantus at night), and it's very easy for me to go into a hypo. I'm still working on that!!!

I do not know very many people with Diabetes in the UK, so I think this forum is a great way to share my experience with others

manu

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum. :)

Nigel

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi manu and welcome to the forum. :)

Lots of information on here and usually someone around to answer any questions. 8)

vic griff

Dislikes
sprouts, burgers ,being told wat to do,testing in the middle of the night(blood sugars),injecting,being diabetiC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
hello and welcome to the forum.best wishes victoria.xx :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: