1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Just wanted to say thank you

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Caeseji, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Caeseji

Caeseji Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Around a month ago i came on here looking for some sort of help with my immense blood sugar levels after the binge year I had and I found a community that is honestly so welcoming to all walks of life and it really elevated my way of thinking. Lately I have been cutting carbs like crazy, a few stumbles here and there due to my family but all in all I am doing pretty well and loving my meats and cheese along with having some rather lovely salads. I find myself not really eating breakfast now besides a coffee with double cream/tea with the same or some Greek yogurt with berries and leave my food to lunch and dinner and you know what? It's had an impact, fasting blood sugars are hovering around the late 4's to the late 5's depending on what I've eaten and I've not really gone above the range of 6 nor spiked more than 1mmol either.

Still on my metformin and sitagliptin right now but hoping that with some good dedication to diet and exercise (I've dropped like 4 inches off my waist, gone from a 54 to a 50!) I may get that reduced at some point, keeping myself going with 8Fit has been such a boon to me. I may never get off of the meds due to my idiocy at first diagnosis but I'm going to do my damned best and here is hoping for some good news next month when I head into the clinic. Even got myself a job lined up after being unemployed for a long time so things are looking up.

Just got to convince my T2 diabetic father to drop his carbs too and my anxiety will at least be lessened, made a deal that if his next HBA1C isn't great then he is joining me. But yes, thanks again all!

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very well done you. It's wonderful when you see those numbers dropping along with the weight and the tape measure is encouraging as well!

Keep up the good work, we are right behind you

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Those are great bg readings @Caeseji, and well done on the weight and waist reductions too! :)
    I'm sure you will get a good result at clinic next month, and I hope it might help you persuade your father of the benefits of lchf.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Now there's a job well done! Fingers crossed for your next review, keep up the great work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations and well done on making those changes and it’s great that you are getting rewards.
    Your dad may be eventually persuaded just by your example. My diabetic type 2 mum has slowly reduced her carb consumption over time and improved her bgs despite being very anti in beginning - think that your own results health and weight improvements will be a persuasive message mine were. Give it time and lead by example. Meanwhile look after yourself and keep going well done you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook