Type 2 Just Weird

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Righto I ahd a bit of a diabetic burnout toward the end of the summer wrong food , missed meds , beer etc........... and did not even test for a month or so, anyhow when I tested my bloods were in the mid high teens :(

So buckled down about 6 weeks ago diet very clean , low carb -100 grams a day, and then going lower down to 50g now...........

My bloods slowly went down and lost a stone until I had my first normalish bloods a few days back ( 7.3) although they are still high in the mornings 9.0 to 9.5........

So did my regular workout earlier (weights) and then had my post workout smoothie as below

.........................................................................................cals,carbs,fat,protein
MyProtein - Impact Diet Whey (Banana) , 29 g (2 scoop) 106 4 2 18
Tesco - Country Store Frozen Mixed Fruits, 37 g 14 3 0 0
Generic - Banana **, 0.5 Banana (126g) 55 15 0 1
Asda - Greek Style Natural Yogurt, 65 g 81 3 6 3
Protein Dynamix - Crunchy Peanut Butter, 1 serving 298 6 12 15
Rowse Honey - Liquid (Runny) Honey, 0.25 tablespoon 18 5 0 0
Asda Smart Price - Uht Skimmed Milk (Correct), 350 ML 130 17 1 13

However had to use normal milk as I had run out of almond milk and added a very small amount of honey as a treat and so had more carbs in than usual a total of 52g............

so just under an hour later I tested expecting bloods in the low teens and got ............................5.3 :woot: what the.......... I have not been that low this year..............

Just weird ...probably the most carbs in one meal in the last 6 weeks (and they are naughty carbs) so why the heck did I get 5.3 :banghead:

Reactions: 4 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Righto I ahd a bit of a diabetic burnout toward the end of the summer wrong food , missed meds , beer etc........... and did not even test for a month or so, anyhow when I tested my bloods were in the mid high teens :(

So buckled down about 6 weeks ago diet very clean , low carb -100 grams a day, and then going lower down to 50g now...........

My bloods slowly went down and lost a stone until I had my first normalish bloods a few days back ( 7.3) although they are still high in the mornings 9.0 to 9.5........

So did my regular workout earlier (weights) and then had my post workout smoothie as below

.........................................................................................cals,carbs,fat,protein

However had to use normal milk as I had run out of almond milk and added a very small amount of honey as a treat and so had more carbs in than usual a total of 52g............

so just under an hour later I tested expecting bloods in the low teens and got ............................5.3 :woot: what the.......... I have not been that low this year..............

Just weird ...probably the most carbs in one meal in the last 6 weeks (and they are naughty carbs) so why the heck did I get 5.3 :banghead:

This is what I hate the most about diabetes - it doesn't make any sense!!! You follow the rules, get a bad reading - think "oh what the hell" get a great reading. It's exhausting!! There are so many other factors in your body that can affect your bloods, ie. illness that it is all exasperating!

Thank crunchy it's Friday - oops, I mean thank carrot it's Friday!

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Did you retest to see if you got the same reading as it could have been a rogue reading.

Even so. You seem to be on the right track. Do you really have to eat that many baddies?
If you do fair enough, but I couldn't!

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you retest to see if you got the same reading as it could have been a rogue reading. Do you really have to eat that many baddies?
If you do fair enough, but I couldn't!

Yep, Catlady, its a weird disease .............:eek:

Nosher, Baddies yep , but only after a workout along the lines of TKD (targeted keto diet) but as said I usually use almond milk so was a bit higher than normal................. ( Honey rarely, and will stop using bananas when my frozen stash runs out), everything else is good stuff.......

Yep retested ..... and have a theory :rolleyes:, it was 6.5 15 mins later and 7.5 another half hour later, I think that the workout dropped my bloods a lot and that the carbs were slowed down by the protein in the smoothie and just started to kick in after my first test....

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find if I'm pretty good most of the time my body can handle the odd treat and be fine.