Ketogenic Diet & Heart Health-sarah Hallberg, Md

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Despite the title, the interview is not just about heart disease but is very wide ranging with lots of discussion about Type 2, the Libre, Virta, ketones, etc.

Reactions: dbr10

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I like the way that she talks about dealing with food first, then later, responding to the person with diabetes themselves, regarding exercise (ie wait for them to bring it up, once they feel better with the improved health with improved/LCHF food.)

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Excuse me for being blunt though - to encourage folks who have reversed their diabetes to continue to take Metformin is nuts!

No medication comes without side effects and downsides. If your blood glucose regulation is healthy again from the good workings of your own body, why keep taking a medication that has nutrient 'robbing'/receptor blocking properties? Especially if there is a downside-free alternative for promoting heart health (yeah - I am talking physical exercise...)

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, a good positive summing up of the value of including LCHF and Keto diets for heart health and for fighting diabetes in scientific reviews, and adding to the body of scientific evidence for such treatments. Thanks for the posting @Indy51.

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to say thanks, @Indy51! You rock my world with your shared videos. I really get a lot from them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So a big, big thank you for your contributions!