lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi guys!

Just wondered, I’m on day 3 of trying to lower my carbs to keto level (20g or under)

Does this test result mean I’m in ketosis does anyone know?

Thanks
IMG_3782.jpg

M

Member496333

Yes it does but be aware urine strips are not particularly accurate and the level in your pee can drop off a cliff after your body becomes more efficient at using ketones for fuel. They’re a good indicator for a first test but if you intend to monitor long term then you’ll need a blood ketone meter. I have one but no longer buy strips for the simple reason that if I wasn’t in ketosis I’d be dead by now.

Reactions: lcarter

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Yes it does but be aware urine strips are not particularly accurate and the level in your pee can drop off a cliff after your body becomes more efficient at using ketones for fuel. They’re a good indicator for a first test but if you intend to monitor long term then you’ll need a blood ketone meter. I have one but no longer buy strips for the simple reason that if I wasn’t in ketosis I’d be dead by now.

I have a blood ketone machine I just need testing strips. I have some but they are out of date. So it’s good to be in this state? I’m still wary of having ketones in my blood or urine.

M

Member496333

Moderate level of ketones in the blood is fine so long as glucose is normal. Don’t go chasing numbers. Nutritional ketosis is perfectly safe in and of itself but there are circumstances where it can become dangerous when accompanied by hyperglycaemia or with certain drug interactions. User beware.

Reactions: Megnala

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I think that may go down once your body starts to actually burn the ketones. May turn into keto breath. My experience anyway.

Reactions: lcarter