Kidney Damage

ShyGirl

I'd started to feel different and was needing loo during the night. I checked blood levels but they were always normal ish so I thought something was wrong.

I was sent letter last week and found out today i've kidney damage. I asked if it was because I was ill last year with skin infection that lasted a long time and ended up with staying in AMU for a day before being sent home with antibiotics.
Nurse said no. I went from 16 to 60 since December and they found protein in my urine with other things...i'm in shock as i'm 31 and was struggling with life before I was diabetic but finally making inroads.
Until I became diabetic and life really hit rock bottom.
She said it's for ever. I'm not sure what to do.
What to ask. I see her for my BP next week and have a diabetic hospital review in May

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sorry to hear of yet another problem for you. :(

This website may be of more help to you in understanding things a little better.......it is the National Kidney Federation which also has a Helpline number......

http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/

ShyGirl

Thanks for the link.
I received letter from hospital this morning saying my next check up is now off until August , i'm disappointed as I wanted to ask questions and inform them of latest findings. The internet is a good resource (my nurse gave me some erroneous info) but there's only so much you can do via Google.
Maybe i'm overreacting but being sent home with a BP medicine and no other information isn't good enough seeing as she gave me life changing news.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I was told the same after blood and urine tests, and prescribed ramipril for my kidneys

My consultant says it's nothing to worry about. And wasn't concerned when I refused to take the ramipril

I'm sure if it was bad they would have done more than send you home with a few pills, but there is nothing stopping you booking an appointment with your GP to ask a few questions.

Most importantly, don't stress about it :)

ShyGirl

searley said:
I was told the same after blood and urine tests, and prescribed ramipril for my kidneys

My consultant says it's nothing to worry about. And wasn't concerned when I refused to take the ramipril

I'm sure if it was bad they would have done more than send you home with a few pills, but there is nothing stopping you booking an appointment with your GP to ask a few questions.

Most importantly, don't stress about it :)

I saw GP. I wish my clinic didn't have such a high GP turnover as it was someone new .
She said i'm not at the stage for referral but said it should be checked again in 6 weeks (not sure about this as i'm withdrawing from medical stuff for a bit ). I finally had bloods taken too after a couple of years of not being asked to at clinic due to awful veins.

Until I can lessen the stress in my life , I doubt i'll be bale to cope without the BP pills but i'd like to be by this time next year.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
sometimes things that seem bad turn out better than you might think .I truly believe if i had'nt of had a ramdom blood test i would not be here now .I was a very heavy drinker some time ago and i can only blame myself for my diabetes .However the fact i have diabetes has made me a different person all together . I too have a kidney problem as i was attaked with a metal bar my left kidney is in agony 24/7 and has a shadow on it (bruised) it will give in eventualy i was offered a donor kidney but as i am in my late 30's i refused and asked if a child could have the kidney instead .I never did find out the outcome. I am still carrying with the pain. But i won't let it send me crazy . :D I already am :lol: :lol: :lol: My medical notes are like the full series of encyclopedia's but if i'm suffering i hope some needy child is'nt :D
JF. :wink: you take care now. :wink:

ShyGirl

Don't blame yourself for being Diabetic , you've enough to be going on with and it's a new stick to beat people up with now. I don't know why being in your late 30's would preclude you from having a transplant but as long as it was your choice.

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hello shy girl,
Sorry about this complication. Hope things get better for you.

Carl