LADA onset query

Ruth.Day

I dont suppose anyone out there with LADA have had unexplained fever episodes if so were they accompanied by any other symptoms. Since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last september I have had 4 episodes of unexplained high fevers that have happened in twos a week apart from each other, then a couple a months later again. Temperature has risen above 40 and has left me pretty bed bound and complete lack of energy. All these episodes have been preceeded with really bad indegestion (best way to describe it) top right abdominal pain. After each episode my Bm level has risen and although diet has not changed have stayed high and refuse to come down.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have LADA, and no, sorry, I didn't have such symptoms.
I know that there are a lot of possible reasons for upper right abdominal pain and you really should talk to your GP about it.
Sorry it doesn't really help that much!

lilibet

Agree with phoenix

Any pain should be checked out, fever also tends to be related to inflammation/infection so def need to see your GP I would think

Ruth.Day

I just wanted to add to this post and say that it did end up being gall stones. I ended up in hospital in May having my gall bladder and gall stones removed. Pretty horrific experience but hopefully that side is all sorted now. Just back to trying to sort out the diabetes now, although levels are slightly lower now.
Thanks