"Ladies Time" Cravings & Appetite

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Diabetes!! People who dont understand. Being overweight and hungry.
Hi Ladies - and Gentlemen if you are brave enough.
Ive just had my first "Ladies Time" since being diagnosed, and as usual I seem to crave sweet things and want to eat a lot more than usual, I was on Met but it didnt make a difference to my appetite.
Do you have any hints or tips that you use to get round it, other than putting locks on all the cupboard, fridge and local shop doors??
Many Thanks.

MaryJ

Don't suffer but if I did I would plan ahead and have the sweet kind of stuff you can have in the cupboard/fridge.

Yoghurts with some strawberries, blueberries etc.

Make some of the low carb/low sugar cakes on the receipe forum to have at the ready.

As always its planning thats the key, and if you can help it, dont have the 'bad' stuff in the house, you are less likely to go out to the shop for it than reach in the fridge.

Failing all else go for long bath and early to bed.

It will get easier

Mary x

:)

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Tinytoez said:
Hi Ladies - and Gentlemen if you are brave enough.
Ive just had my first "Ladies Time" since being diagnosed, and as usual I seem to crave sweet things and want to eat a lot more than usual, I was on Met but it didnt make a difference to my appetite.
Do you have any hints or tips that you use to get round it, other than putting locks on all the cupboard, fridge and local shop doors??
Many Thanks.
I know what you are saying!!!!!! i could have murdered someone this weekend...being really really hungry and cannot eat. at least when i did eat i was snacking on things like cheese and salami...not carby things....!!!

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Oooh I like Salami and Cheese :D

emmatree

This is me too this week! Yesterday I had some big cravings! I snack on cheddar too, and have had some peanuts without too big a spike on the meter, they are high cal but relatively low carb. I had a small bag yesterday that had 5g of carb but nearly 300 cals! But nice if you're craving a crunch.

type 2, metforminx2 ramiprilx1

LaughingHyena

Sugar free jelly for the sweet tooth.

Also a mouse someone one here mentioned a while ago made with sugar free jelloy and greek yougut. I made up the jelly with half the mount of water on the pack, leave it to cool a little (not so much it sets, just don;t want it boiling still). Then stir into a carton of greek yougurt. Yum, creamy and sweet.

ETA, ohh and cadburys options hot choc drinks are not too bad for a chocolate hit.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Oh wow that sounds yum, almost like a blamanche. I might have to try that before the time comes again just to check its suitability for the situation.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
I got myself a bag of mixed nuts and raisens, then sat and removed all the peanuts coz Im not keen on them (too bitter), which kept me busy for at least 15 mins!!! Then munched through half of what was left, which filled me up nicely.
Also I gave in to my dark chocolate "thing" and got a bar of dark choc with mocha filling (cost me £2.50) but it did last me 2 days.
I feel bad when I give in, but Ive never had will power before that even let me last a month, so I figure give myself a break and keep on with my training, especially when my mum just buys chocolate etc and leaves it around the house saying its for my nephew and expects me to just not touch it.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I bought myself the gift pack of those small Green & Black chocolate selection. There are 12 in a box. Each chocolate weight 15g and the carbs work out at about 7g each. They were a bit pricey but if i have a big bar i know i will eat it all.

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
nutella for me. I dip my finger in and that seems to sort it out. I think its coz its so sweet a little goes along way.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
claymic said:
Yesterday I bought myself the gift pack of those small Green & Black chocolate selection. There are 12 in a box. Each chocolate weight 15g and the carbs work out at about 7g each. They were a bit pricey but if i have a big bar i know i will eat it all.
Now that sounds lovely, but I wouldnt be able to just eat one and leave the rest. Lol Im so glad Im not alone with this little dificulty x

BeccaJaneStClair

mistee71 said:
nutella for me. I dip my finger in and that seems to sort it out. I think its coz its so sweet a little goes along way.

I love Nutella on a salty biscuit at this time of the month....hmmm. Now I might have to go have one. LOL

Tinytoez

Dislikes
LaughingHyena said:
Sugar free jelly for the sweet tooth.

Also a mouse someone one here mentioned a while ago made with sugar free jelloy and greek yougut. I made up the jelly with half the mount of water on the pack, leave it to cool a little (not so much it sets, just don;t want it boiling still). Then stir into a carton of greek yougurt. Yum, creamy and sweet.

ETA, ohh and cadburys options hot choc drinks are not too bad for a chocolate hit.

Just couldnt wait, I got a pack of low sugar granuals made up just over half a pint, then poured in what must have been almost 250mls of low fat greek yoghurt, stirred it a few times just after I put it in the fridge, then left it for an hour and yum, just what I needed, I put a few spoonfuls in a Ramekin dish and ate it after my dinner. I think next time I might try real greek yoghurt instead of the low fat, to see if it tastes any different.
At least thats one for the list of allowed sweet things.
Faaanks xx :wink:

ETA lol reading it again, Ive made it the wrong way around oops

elainechi

my daughter has must have a sugar carb rush day. i know her bs will suffer but being a woman just sometimes has to come first. x