Large Morning Spike

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all, with the help of the Free style Libre i have finaly got my overnight lemir correct have have an unmoving blood sugar over night now, however when i wake up i get a massive spike.

This morning i woke up at 7.6 by the time i had had a shower and was going to eat breakfast i was 16.2! this was less than an hour later worse is i had already dosed 3 units of novorapid when i got up because i eat cereal for breakfast and i like to cover the milk a while before eatting it. leading me to having to take a large doese of novorapid just before i eat. which then causes me to have a massive spike then Fall sharply 2/3 hours later, after this i level off for the rest of the day, but it is making my AMs awful.

Does anyone have any ideas about what i should be doing? maybe increasing the 3 units when i get up and decreasing the dose i take with my breakfast

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Have you tried eating breakfast upon waking, I too find that my bg rises within the hour if I don't eat so always make a point of eating breakfast within 15mins of waking.

Reactions: 6 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Have you tried eating breakfast upon waking, I too find that my bg rises within the hour if I don't eat so always make a point of eating breakfast within 15mins of waking.
I'm going to try the speedy breakfast

Reactions: 2 people