Laser side effects

Bexter1111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, ive been looking online but i think a bit of first hand experience would be more valuable.

Been a type 1, pretty much badly controlled, diabetic for around 19 years now.

Unfortunately i have only just found a doctor that seems to care and want to help and have recently developed retinopathy.

Had two laser sessions so far, one on each eye! First eye was fine. Bit off balance and stuff. But after my second eye this week i just cannot seem to stop being sick! Obviously this isnt doing any good for my sugars!

Just wondering if any of you guys have experienced anything similar? And how long did it last if so?
Thanks in advance!
And happy christmas! :)

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've had 2-3 sessions on both eyes after an accident triggered retinal bleeding but my main issue was the headache towards the end of the sessions from the light constantly flashing on. Eased it a bit for followup sessions by dosing up on paracetamol before the procedure. Not had any experience of feeling sick after myself, but I guess if the lasering has affected your peripheral vision ( DVLA insist on that being tested afterwards) then that could be putting you a little off balance/motion sickness.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No I can't say I was ever sick after laser treatment, just a headache (as Steve also experienced) and a slightly sore eye which was light sensitive.

Perhaps you just have a bug or tummy upset and the two are a coincident, but have a look at the following as it gives a good explanation on laser surgery and possible side-effects:

http://www.diabeticretinopathy.org.uk/laserdiabetic_retinopathy.html

Reactions: 2 people