Lasers and Eyes...

lionrampant

Just got my right eye done - wasn't a problem at all. The most annoying part was waiting for the drops to kick in.

And the gentlemen who did my treatment had a rather cute optician with him (she might have been training or some such). 8)

Trinkwasser

lionrampant said:
Just got my right eye done - wasn't a problem at all. The most annoying part was waiting for the drops to kick in.

And the gentlemen who did my treatment had a rather cute optician with him (she might have been training or some such). 8)

Keep an eye in the mirror, when mother had one of hers done she looked a bit like a panda with orange stuff oozing from her eyes for a couple of days.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ti husband has hadhis eyes lasered several times. Never had any problems.( except with getting follow up appointments.

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
My mum had laser eye treatment done when she was first diagnosed. It made her worse!! She's STILL waiting for an appointment to see the opthalmologist to book her in for a cataract operation :(

lionrampant

You're all missing the point.

There was a cute optician... :wink:

Anyhoo - I did get told I looked like I had a black eye that night. Odd. Other than that everything's been cool. What went wrong with your mother Bubsy?

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
They did laser eye treatment on one of mum's eyes but it made her vision worse - dunno why. She seems to be extra sensitive to stress - since dad died her eyesight has been getting progressively worse. She's still waiting for an appointment with the opthalmologist to discuss her cataract op, which is stressing her out even more.

Trinkwasser

BTDT with mine, the cataracts were dealt with quite efficiently and promptly but she later needed a laser blast to remove tissue from the back of one of the lenses, and while we were waiting for the appointment the eye with wet AMD went from "not bad enough to treat" to "too bad to be worth treating". Thanks PCT and NICE for all your help.

Basically cataract ops nowadays are less hassle than going to the dentist

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
T1 husband has had cataracts done in both eyes and is just trying to make sure they get the film off both "new" lenses before his driving license comes up for renewal in July. Daughter tells me he had one done today, but he hasn't told me yet.

Trinkwasser

hanadr said:
T1 husband has had cataracts done in both eyes and is just trying to make sure they get the film off both "new" lenses before his driving license comes up for renewal in July. Daughter tells me he had one done today, but he hasn't told me yet.

What, you didn't notice he was stuck for four hours in the hospital and came back weeping orange crud from his eyes? Then you're obviously using a different hospital <G> you may also notice he sees things he hadn't noticed for a while

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
T1 husband had eyes done, then went to visit daughter in a ward, then went somewhere else, perhaps Christmas shopping. arrived home a couple of hours after I sent the post. No crud though. Eye, just a little dilated.