Last night I was very naughty

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Last night I was very naughty because I went out to the Thai and had a ice cream and a chocolate but they were small and my blood sugar is ok when I tested it this morning

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hope you enjoyed it very much.... the danger I think is not next day but how high the spike was ... for for a seldome occation I don´t think that is a problem , it is more if one has high spikes everyday or even more times every day.. like over 7.8 withind the 2 hours from eaten...

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
hope you enjoyed it very much.... the danger I think is not next day but how high the spike was ... for for a seldome occation I don´t think that is a problem , it is more if one has high spikes everyday or even more times every day.. like over 7.8 withind the 2 hours from eaten...
It was lovely it was 8.1 so not to bad

Reactions: Prem51

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's nothing naughty about any of that @Julia McCoulough .

You have type 1 diabetes. You are not "not allowed" to eat anything. You just have to adjust your insulin doses to manage your blood sugar for what you are eating. Sounds like you did really well last night - hope it was a nice meal.

Reactions: azure and Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess is is just as important for diabetics type 1 not to get to high in spiking ...

but of cause if one is clever in using ones insuline it can mostly be prevented..

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
There's nothing naughty about any of that @Julia McCoulough .

You have type 1 diabetes. You are not "not allowed" to eat anything. You just have to adjust your insulin doses to manage your blood sugar for what you are eating. Sounds like you did really well last night - hope it was a nice meal.
Yes it was thank you

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wanted to be naughty last night but low blood sugars soon put a stop to that.;););)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Language is such a difficult thing, but I really wouldn't use the word 'naughty', @Julia McCoulough - you're not naughty!

I have battled for decades to be a 'good girl'. 'Good girl' was spoken to me whenever my blood glucose was within the optimum range. If it was higher than that, no 'good girl'. I've spent a long time getting my subconscious brain to override that 'oh that means I'm a bad girl' voice in my head. I know that sounds ridiculous!

How about redefining 'naughty' as 'having a human moment' (bearing in mind that we diabetics do officially count as 'superhuman'......)?

Hugs.

:)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
How to look for spike in blood sugar how to keep track of spike ??
Test before you eat and then test 1 hour after you eat. This will be the spike. Test again 2 hours after you eat. This will tell you how well your body deals with the spike. At 2 hours it should be close to where you started if it is a good food for you.

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Language is such a difficult thing, but I really wouldn't use the word 'naughty', @Julia McCoulough - you're not naughty!

I have battled for decades to be a 'good girl'. 'Good girl' was spoken to me whenever my blood glucose was within the optimum range. If it was higher than that, no 'good girl'. I've spent a long time getting my subconscious brain to override that 'oh that means I'm a bad girl' voice in my head. I know that sounds ridiculous!

How about redefining 'naughty' as 'having a human moment' (bearing in mind that we diabetics do officially count as 'superhuman'......)?

Hugs.

:)
Thank you

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
li liked that bit about 'Superhumans' Yes, I could go along with that. Well, not today ,perhaps, but tomorrow ?

Reactions: Snapsy